In this video, I’ll share my top 10 predictions for CyberSecurity in 2020 and beyond.
I was recently asked to speak at a CyberSecurity conference at Middle Georgia University, and essentially, this video is a recap of my presentation from that CyberSecurity speech. Watch the entire presentation here – https://youtu.be/eILg6G-uCkE
Disclaimer: I do not claim to be an expert on CyberSecurity, this presentation is based on my industry knowledge through meetings, interactions, and my observations.
Starting with number 10 of my top 10 predictions for CyberSecurity:
10. CYBERSECURITY WILL BECOME UBIQUITOUS
• Every new innovation will be evaluated for security and privacy.
• CyberSecurity will become a part of employee training
• Hackers are already trying to invade voice assistants.
9. GDPR comes to the US • More legislation to address privacy and security concerns
• California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
8. Deep Fakes
• Hackers will use more sophisticated technology to dupe employees and consumers.
• Voice fakes could emulate the voice of your boss. https://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/18/sadly-irs-phone-scams-are-very-successful-businesses.html https://www.darkreading.com/risk/cybercrime-ais-growing-threat-/a/d-id/1335924
7. More Artificial Intelligence / AI on both sides
• Offensive AI: Hackers will use AI to accelerate their efforts.
• Defensive AI: Companies will have to utilize AI at the edge of their networks in the CyberSecurity battle.
6. The CLOUD will only get BIGGER
• Business will NOT revert to on-prem technology to protect data
• 31 billion IoT devices growing to 75 billion IoT devices by 2025 5. 2020 will be the year of 5G rollout
• More IoT devices on 5G vs. WIFI.
• Hackers will focus on hacking IoT devices on cellular.
4. Hackers will attack more Small Businesses
3. HACKERS WILL FOCUS ON HEALTHCARE Did you know that your heath data is worth more on the black market than your financial data?
2. MULTI-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
1. INCREASE IN CYBERSECURITY JOBS
The good news is that this creates a lot of new jobs in CyberSecurity.
Check out Kali – https://www.kali.org/ https://owasp.org/www-project-top-ten/